Saturday, March 10, 2007

Different Like Me: Jerry Espenson

Okay, so he's not the Aspie Poster Boy. He pulled a knife on Shirley and that was wrong. He allowed his AS to be presented as a defense for it, which was arguably even worse. But seeing the way he stiffened and hopped away after Alan cut him down, I can't not be moved by that. I do understand why some Aspies consider him an extreme stereotype and an embarrassment. I do worry somewhat that viewers won't understand that not everyone with AS acts like Jerry. But some of us do, and I for one, don't mind if my co-workers notice the similarities. As far as they know, I am the only person in the world who makes that chirping sound. I get him. I am him. Minus the knife. And the blow-up doll of course.

1 comment:

  1. That's why they call it a spectrum. We overlap in many different ways, yet we are all unique.

    ReplyDelete

Squawk at me.
Need to add an image?
Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]