Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Think, think, think...

I've been tagged with the Thinking Blogger Award by the Autistic Bitch From Hell at Whose Planet Is It Anyway.
I am beyond honored to be in such good company and to be chosen by someone I have looked up to since I started reading blogs regularly.
These are the official rules of the Thinking Blogger
meme:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links
to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with
a link to the post that you wrote.
These are a few of my favorites. I've tried to stick with ones who haven't received this meme recently, but in a couple of cases I wasn't sure. Either way, these are some people and blogs I respect.
Andrea's Buzzing About is on my must-read list. Andrea's insights into human behavior via the insect world are deep and intriguing. I have learned a lot from her about topics I would not have bothered to study without the autism connection. I identify deeply with much of what she writes, and she always says it better than I would have.
The Gimp Parade is a blog I only discovered during May's Blogging Against Disablism event. I am still catching up on the earlier posts of Blue/Kay Olson there. In addition to her writings on disability from a feminist perspective, discrimination and bigotry of all kinds are identified and deftly analyzed at The Gimp Parade. Blue/Kay also has excellent taste in poetry. Check out her Poetry Monday feature while you're there.
I very much enjoy the writing at Autism Street. Dad of Cameron, or Do'C, sometimes invites guest bloggers to post there. Mum to Laura's post on "The Blindness Spectrum" is especially memorable. Combined with his own writings, the various voices found on the blog create something reminiscent of a very good magazine or journal, with Do'C as Editor in Chief.
Estee Klar-Wolfond, not only for the refreshingly named Joy of Autism blog, but also for The Autism Acceptance Project (TAAP) with its beautiful website and important mission of promoting autistic artists and writers.
Joel Smith, NTs Are Weird. Joel seems not to accept these awards, I know at least a couple of bloggers have tagged him, but I've not seen a response. That's okay by me. I just want to express my appreciation, Joel, for your thoughtful posts on self advocacy and disclosure this past month and for your continued diligence in reporting abuse toward autistics. Thank you.

1 comment:

Squawk at me.
Need to add an image?
Use this code [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]