I've been tagged for the Eight Random Things Meme by abfh at Whose Planet is it Anyway?
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Okay, as if I don't already talk about myself enough here:
1) I like waffles, but they put me to sleep. I can't eat waffles for breakfast without going right back to bed. There is a Waffle House right around the corner. I'm hungry.
2) I met Big Twin and Little Twin from The Monroes when I was around, er...8. This was a highlight of my childhood. I wish I could find the picture.
3) I *heart* my Playstation 2. I like the Harvest Moon series (farm simulation) but don't really have time for it anymore.
4) I have cats, but I don't blog about them. They need their privacy. One is autistic, one is NT.I know it's been said that all cats have Asperger syndrome. This is yet another autism myth which must be destroyed. Did you know as many as 1 in 58 cats are neurotypical? It's true.
5) Green Acres is funny. I don't care how many people tell me it's stupid, it isn't.
6) I have far too many pairs of shoes. Mostly Vans. Vans are very comfortable. I bet they are made under abusive conditions, though. Where are they made? I need to go have a look. Now I feel terrible. I hate my shoes. What am I going to do now?
7) I got my first cell phone about a year ago. I still haven't given my family the number. Have I mentioned lately that I don't like phones?
8) I am unreasonably possessive of the number eight. I like memes in general, but I don't approve of this one. Too many people are talking about eight. It isn't right. I'm going to try to slow this down by starting with some people I think will be unlikely to respond.
Therefore, I tag thee, Malcolm Gladwell. You have a blog, but you hardly ever post anything. I bet you are busy writing the next Tipping Point. I don't want to talk about Blink right now. I'm trying to stay off a certain topic for now.
Jean Feraca is a poet and host of Here on Earth: Radio Without Borders. I knew Jean in the late 1970's, she was a big influence on my writing, although I got pretty mad when she praised a certain "Fragile Rainbow" poem written by another participant in our group. I'm sure she doesn't remember me...
Michelle Dawson runs a way serious blog; I'm pretty sure she won't participate in this silliness.
Autism Diva, do you do memes? Or will you wave this one away with your scepter? You do have a scepter, right?
There's someone called The Guy You Thought Was Rude with an interesting, sometimes disturbing blog called The Mystery Spot. I tag that guy.
I've been liking Steve D's blog a lot lately, so One Dad's Opinion is hereby tagged.
I wonder if Laurentius Rex would play along? Never hurts to ask, I suppose.
What, that was only seven? My bad..